Friday, November 28, 2008

APERA Conference

After lunchtime, Dr Quek brought the class to the APERA conference which was held at LT1. I did not get the chance to be part of the audience as I had to perform Friday prayers at the mosque. I must have missed out on the interesting ideas presented during the conference.

However, I received a copy of the notes given out during the conference. I will read through it and post my reflections on it.

APERA Conference

http://www.apera08.nie.edu.sg/l3_keynote.htm


1 comment:

Suhaimi Sahmat said...

From my readings, I get to know that the paper presentation was on the use of Knowledge Forum (KF) in the teaching of D&T.

This is quite an innovative way to conduct D&T lessons. I have always imagine that D&T lessons only involve students going to the workshop to do practical and typical classroom-based lessons where the teacher would explain the theory aspects.

Nowadays, it is the 'IN thing' for schools to conduct E-Learning. We can actually do more than just attach worksheets and provide multiple choice questions in E-Learning. The use of KF can increase students engagement in learning. Probably this is one way where we can apply Teach Less, Learn More.